Most of us fall into the category of needing to drink more water and many of us might actually be considered dehydrated. We fall into the belief that we drink coffee and soda all day, so what does it matter if we drink water too, but that is not correct. Water is incredibly important for our health.
Here are 5 benefits to drinking more water:
- Flushes toxins. Our bodies are amazing and there is an entire system that is there just to flush toxins out of it. That being said, it is much better at flushing those toxins when you drink plenty of water. Drinking water is great for the kidneys as it helps keep them in tip top shape.
- Clears your skin. In addition to flushing the toxins through your internal organs, it also helps to flush them out your pores to clear your skin. It does this through sweating and leaves your skin looking youthful and refreshed.
- Boosts Regularity. Hey, we all need to stay regular to stay comfortable and feeling our best, right? Drinking plenty of water helps keep your entire system hydrated, which includes your bowels. You have far fewer instances of constipation when you are hydrated.
- Increases your energy. In the morning when you are exhausted and dragging, simply chug an ice cold glass of water. It really does have similar effects as coffee and leaves you feeling refreshed as well as energized. Add a touch of lemon to flavor it up if you would like.
- Helps with weight management. Did you know that many times when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty instead? Imagine if instead of reaching for a snack all of those times, we had actually just reached for a glass of water. How much added weight might you have saved? Keep your belly full of much needed water and you are less likely to overeat. Plus, since the water is helping to flush toxins, you are less likely to feel bloated.