If you are looking for ways to boost your energy and pep up your days, maybe you should start with your mornings! How so you ask? Well, let’s start by discussing the ways in which waking up early can benefit you:
- It allows time for yourself before the family wakes up and chaos ensues. Most of us don’t really get time to ourselves so any amount that we do is important. I like to make my coffee first thing and just sit in the quiet for a while.
- Productivity can be at an all-time high and you no one else is awake. If you have small children you know how difficult it is to accomplish even the simplest household tasks when they are running around you. So why not get those chores done before they are up? Not only do you accomplish more, but you could spend more time with them later.
- Early morning is the ideal time to check and send emails and messages. I trying to catch up on your email and other messages is virtually impossible when you are busy answering phones or dealing with the day-to-day busyness of life. It’s great to carve out 15 minutes or half an hour each morning to do this tedious task and then you start your day fresh not having to stress about important messages being ignored.
- You actually have time for breakfast. You’ve heard it said before, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s true. Eating a healthy breakfast prepares your body for a successful day ahead. You will be more energized, focused and ready to tackle whatever comes your way.
- You have more time to exercise. Many of us have big goals of fitting exercise into our day but many of us also have the excuse of not enough time. Setting your alarm for just half an hour earlier will get you the time that you thought you didn’t have. Consistent exercise is known to be wonderful for your health, is energizing and is helpful in relieving stress.
Are you an early riser? What benefits have you found that come with waking up with the Sun?