Meredith is asking readers to list five things they splurge on in their Kitchen. These are the tings I spend extra on:
- My top indulgence is Chocolate Chai Tea from Wegmans. It costs $26.99 a pound but it’s delicious. I got hooked on this tea when we lived in PA. Now I have to have it mailed in by friends.
- Maple Syrup: my husband won’t have anything else but the real thing.
- Real Vanilla: nothing but the real stuff will do around here.
- Hormone Free milk: It doesn’t have to be organic but it must be hormone free.
- Buttermilk: I haven’t been able to convince my husband (the dairy food scientist) that milk with vinegar mixed in is a good substitute for this.