Most of us struggle with feeling awesome about ourselves at some time or another. Why is that? It’s easy to compare ourselves with others and compare others strengths to our weaknesses. Each of you really are awesome and it’s time for you to remember that. Here are 5 ways to help boost your self-esteem:
- Have Affirmation Mantras. Have a few positive short saying you can see around the house, work or car and repeat them to yourself throughout the day. Some examples could be- “I can do hard things today with a smile.” or “I have amazing family and friends!” or “My body is healthy and my mind is brilliant!”. Whatever makes you feel good, then use that and go with it. The more you repeat this positive ideas, you will start to feel them.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This is easier said then done but you can do it. Maybe take a day away from social media to get renewed and aware of yourself instead of everyone else.
- Focus on things you can change. Do you ever focus your energy on things you really have no control over? We all do this, but it makes us use worry about unnecessary things. So think about those things you may want to change that you do have control over and work on those. Leave the others alone and move on.
- Make a list of past accomplishments and successes & make goals for the future. This can really put into perspective what you have accomplished and bring to the front those positive successes. It can also make you excited and energetic about new goals and where you can go from where you are at. Go ahead, make a list of all those things you are proud of. You will find you’ve done a lot more then you realize.
- Celebrate the small things. This is a good one. We do so much each day and don’t even realize it. Maybe you gave a small presentation at work, or you cleaned the refrigerator- which was way past due, or you went outside and exercised for a little longer then the day before. Whatever it is, celebrate those things you did today and be proud.