Could you use some more money? I mean c’mon, who couldn’t? I love a good side hustle and since I work from home, I am always on the lookout for tips, tricks and ideas that I can find on ways to increase income.
With the cost of just about everything going up, increasing our income is always a plus! Here are 6 ways to increase your income that I have personally succeeded at.
- Get a side hustle. There are literally thousands of things that you can do to develop a side hustle. You can write, you can mow lawns, you can babysit, you can clean houses, you can help business with their books. Seriously, the list goes on and on.
- Get an education. It is no surprise that those who have an education make more money. First and foremost, finish high school or, if you haven’t done that, get your GED. From there you can find success by getting a certification or degree.
- Work harder. I know most of you work your butts off day in and day out, but I know that isn’t always the case. If you have the opportunity for overtime at your current job, take it. Considering overtime often pays time and a half to double time rates, working overtime is a great way to boost your savings. I don’t encourage a lifetime of working 80+ hours a week, but it is a great way to build up your savings.
- Stop spending. It is very easy to overspend, especially when we use credit cards (they are so easy to swipe after all), stop spending on useless or overpriced things. The less you spend on extravagant things and the less you spend on interest, the more you will be able to save.
- Sell your stuff. Once you have already spent money on an item and you no longer need to use it, why not put it up for sale? You should be able to replace some if not most of the money you spent, which is great for your bottom line.
- Be a consultant. Do you have a skill that you are an expert at? Consultants who offer their speciality via service is an excellent way to bring in big bucks! Some consultants earn six figures! That’s what I’m talking about.
What things have you tried to make more money?