Do you struggle with getting in enough exercise throughout the day? Don’t worry, many of us do. It’s easy to get so busy with life that you forget to take care of yourself, but it is important to do it, so here we are going to talk about 10 easy ways that you can get more exercise built into your day.
- Park in the back of the lot. I know this one gets talked about a lot, but there is a reason for it. Whenever you head to the mall or to the grocery store, be sure to park in the back of the parking lot and walk further. Not only does this get more exercise into your day, but you might also find that you get less door dings in your car since there are fewer people parked there.
- Take the stairs. Elevators are great and all, but if you only have one or two floors to go, they don’t really save you much time. Take those stairs!
- Walk the dog. If you have a dog, make sure you take the time to walk him or her yourself. It will be good for both of you.
- Walk your errands. If you have errands to run that are near your work, get them done during your lunch break by walking.
- Wake up earlier. Try waking up 30-60 minutes early several times a week and get in a little bit of exercise. Getting your sweat on is a great way to start your day.
- Play with your kids. If you have kids, get down on the floor and actually play with them. The youthful energy that they have is contagious and feels great, plus you are bonding with them at the same time!
- Walk your lunch. Eat a quick, healthy lunch at work and then head off to take a quick walk. Anything over 30 minutes is ideal, but even 10 minutes is great.
What are your favorite ways to sneak in some exercise throughout your days?