In case you didn’t know it, the holidays are mere months away. It is not a great idea to go into the shopping season without an action plan and a budget. Have you started saving yet? Or, are you looking for ways to boost your Christmas budget?
Here we have 8 ways for you to boost your Christmas Budget:
- Get a Second Job: If daycare is not an issue for you, you might consider picking up a second job, even for just a couple of months. I have seen Hiring signs at many places in my area, specifically at lots of restaurants and retail stores. Many of these are part time and perfect for earning extra income.
- Take Surveys. I’m sure you have seen us mention surveys here on our site. These surveys typically only pay a couple of dollars each, but they add up over time!
- Sell Your Stuff. I would be willing to bet that you have stuff laying around the house that you are not using. Put this stuff up for sale via Craigslist, OfferUp or other sales site and exchange your stuff for money.
- Use Rebate Apps. You have to grocery shop anyway, make sure that you are using Rebate Apps such as Ibotta and Checkout51 to get cash back on some of your purchases.
- Open a Bank Account. This one seems weird, but there are banks out there that pay you for opening a new account. Many offer a $50 through $150 kickback just for opening your account and spending a specified amount of money in the first month.
- Swagbucks. Have you checked out Swagbucks. Swagbucks lets you earn gift cards and more for doing stuff you are going to do anyway, like searching the web, playing games, etc.
- Write For Others. Use websites such as Textbroker and Fiverr to get paid to write for others. If you enjoy writing, this is a great way to earn a little extra cash in your spare time.
Sell Your Plasma. Plasma is needed and frankly, it pays pretty well to sell it. I know someone who earns about $150 each month by selling her plasma to plasma centers.