During the hot summer all I want to do is sit in the shade outside and eat a big bowl of ice cream. I don’t even care what flavor. Just cold, yummy ice cream. Anyone else? I’ve found out that homemade ice cream has that yummy taste that brings be back to my childhood and reminds me of these summer nights. I just love it. Here is a recipe that I’m sure you’ll enjoy!
Homemade Ice Cream
1 quart half and half
1 pint heavy cream
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chopped candy bars of your choice to add in- (5) peanut butter cups, or (5) Snickers or (5) Butterfingers
- In a bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients until sugar is dissolving.
- Pour that mixture into your ice cream maker freezer container.
- Add whole milk to the fill line.
- Start your ice cream maker according to your machines directions.
- After about 20 minutes or so, check for a slightly thick consistency and add in your chopped candy bars. Then continue until done.