I can’t stress enough how much nicer it is to use a laser printer compared to using an inkjet printer, especially when printing coupons! The fine print and barcodes come out SO much clearer and I never have trouble with them scanning at the register.
Laser printers are usually a little more expensive, but every once in a while you find a great deal on one – like today!
Staples has the Brother HL-2240 Mono Laser Printer for $119.99 regularly, but with the current $70 instant savings, you can pick it up for just $49.99! This is a one day deal though and the offer expires tonight!
This is a monochrome printer, meaning that it just prints in black and white, but that shouldn’t be a problem, since most stores accept black and white coupons. Here are a few more specs on it:
- Prints up to 24 ppm (mfr specs)
- Up to 2400 x 600-dpi resolution
- 250-sheet max paper capacity
- Single-sheet by-pass slot
- Prints up to 8.5″ x 14″
- Monthly duty cycle of up to 10,000 pages
- Approx. 8.5 seconds to print first page
- Straight through paper path via single-sheet by-pass slot for thicker media
- Toner Save mode for less critical business documents
- 8MB RAM
- 7.2″H x 14.5″W x 14.2″D, 14.8 lbs.
- 1-Year mfr. limited warranty
- USB cable sold separately
Hubby got me almost the exact same printer for Christmas, and I LOVE it! The only problem I had was that it didn’t come with a cable to hook it to the computer. No biggie, though, and we just ran to the dollar store and picked one up, but you can use an old printer cable too. You can also order a cheap one from Staples, so it arrives with your printer.
Shipping is free on this or you can have it shipped to your store for free.