CVS Coupon Policy Updates and Walmart Internal Coupon Policy Changes
There has been some buzz about Coupon policy updates and changes at Walmart and CVS. You may want to review these updates so you don’t have more trouble at the registers.
There have been an addition to the CVS coupon policy regarding manufacterer’s coupons with another stores logo:
- CVS/pharmacy will not accept third party manufacturers’ coupons with another retailer’s logo note: a manufacturer coupon that states “available at” with no logo WILL be accepted
So just to clarify, a manufacturer coupon with the CVS logo on it WILL be accepted. A manufacturer coupon with NO logo that states “available at” will be accepted, however a manufacturer coupon with another retailer’s logo (ie, target, walmart, winco, etc) will NOT be accepted.
It seems that Walmart did not update their current official coupon policy but there was an update done internally.
1. All Walmart Register systems were updated to accept the GS1 Date bar Codes that most coupons have switched to and all eventually will go to.
2. All coupons must be scanned on the flatbed scanners, the handheld scanners are not supposed to be used any longer.
3. The coupon must scan (not a new change) . Cashiers/CSM’s or Managers are not allowed to override or manually enter coupons.
4. If a coupon does not scan they are instructed to return the coupon to you. This applies to Printable Coupons and newspaper insert coupons.
Just as a side note, To ensure that your printable coupons will scan I suggest make sure you print at the highest quality.