Fall will be here before we know it and I know you and the family want to have some fun! That being said, I know y’all are on a budget too! So, what are you going to do to keep the fun of summer alive during the Fall when schedules get even busier?
Well, I have put together a little list of things that you and the family can do together to have fun together while keeping your budget under control.
- Go for a Walk. This one may seem a little on the boring side, but it’s not! With the gorgeous Fall colors that start to fill up our outdoor spaces, taking a walk together can be beautiful fun!
- Take in a game. Check out your local high school football team. High school football is always fun to watch and the entrance fees are often minimal. Be sure to eat dinner before you go so you aren’t tempted by that concession stand.
- Go apple picking. If you have a local apple farm, pack up the kids and head out for a day of apple picking. It really is a lot of fun to pick your own food, the fruit is generally much cheaper than when you buy it in store, plus you can stock up! There is also something quite magical about knowing that the food you are eating, you picked yourself. It is a good lesson for the kids.
- Puddle Jumping. If you get any rain during your Fall weather, be sure to slip on some rubber boots and a raincoat and just go jump in the puddles. It is a ton of fun and the kids will have a memory that will last forever.
- Go leaf collecting. While you are out on your Fall walk, why not take some breaks along the way and collect leaves. It’s fun to see the beauty in nature, plus these leaves can be used for some fun arts and crafts projects for you and the kids.
What is your favorite Fall activity?