This high value 75¢/1 Old El Paso Printable Coupons could help you get some nice green enchiladas on the table for less. The cans of these products sell for less that $1.50 at Walmart and I would guess similarly at Target.
Here is my quick and easy green enchiladas recipe:
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I keep shredded chicken in the freezer to save time)
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the chicken 25 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain, cool, and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with equal amounts of chicken and cheese, reserving 1/4 cup cheese for topping. Roll tortillas to form enchiladas. Arrange enchiladas in the prepared baking dish. Cover with the enchilada sauce.
- Bake enchiladas 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with reserved cheese, and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
How easy is that? If you do not have Monterey Jack, go with what you have. I have no qualms in using just regular cheddar cheese which is flavorful as well.