You don’t need to bust your food budget because you are throwing a party. There are great alternatives to those fancy dishes that are usually served. Here are some inexpensive yet delicious substitutions to popular entertaining dishes that cost more:
- Instead of guacamole serve black bean dip topped with avocado. Instead of buying 3 or 4 avocados for the guacamole you only need one to top the bean dip.
- Serve Smoke salmon spread instead of smoked salmon slices: Perfect way to enjoy the flavor of smoked salmon while keeping your expenses under budget.
- Wrap vegetables in prosciutto or ham instead of serving slices of these meats. The vegetables make each bite more filling.
- Substitute an antipasto platter by bruschetta topped with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. The bread makes each appetizer more filling and you use less of the more expensive fresh mozzarella.
- Serve crab dip instead of crab cakes. Your guests will still be impressed by being served crab while you are happy you have spent less.
This Thanksgiving you don’t have to break the bank while trying to feed and impress your guests. Do you have any other ways to make a good impression on your guests while keeping on a budget? Please share them with us.
Souce: The Whole Deal by Whole Foods Fall 08 Newsletter .