This year it seems everyone is looking to stretch their holiday shopping budget. Here are some simple and practical tips to help you save a buck or two:
- Pick up drugstore freebies: Drugstores such as CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens regularly offer free items after coupons. These make great stocking stuffers and gift basket items.
- Shop online: You can save a lot of money by shopping online. Many stores offer coupon codes that can be combined at times to increase savings. If you are buying gifts that you need to mail, shopping online can help you save on shipping by shopping from stores who offer free shipping and gift wrapping.
- Reduce the number of gifts you need to buy by doing gift exchanges or buying one gift for the whole family instead of one gift for each family member.
- Shop off the beaten path: there are many great finds to be had at thirft stores and consignment shops. A lot of these stores sell new or almost new items that you can regift without guilt.
- Earn free gifts: you can redeem mileage rewards for free magazine subscriptions or restaurant gift certificates. Take advantage of free with purchase gifts. Some stores are offering free $10 or $20 gift cards when you spend a certain amount of money at their store.
With a little bit of creativity and imagination, you can make your holiday budget go farther than you expected. By doing so you can feel good about the items you are gifting without dreading the holiday hangover come January. Happy Holidays!