Have you made a 2017 goal involving fitness? If so, you’re definitely not alone. Eating healthy and losing weight are goals that most of us have when starting out a new year. You may have started an exercise routine but quickly find yourself becoming bored with it. If you need a change, these trends could help you out. Each year there are new ways to help us get motivated to exercise and become fit. So what are the fitness trends for 2017? A few of these might surprise you.
- Wearable Technology- You’ll notice friends and family buying fitness trackers to help out with fitness and eating habits. This could also be a motivational help. Plus, fitness tracker sales are going up. We are buying them.
- Body Weight Training– No equipment needed. Doing the basic training of push ups, squats, sit ups and more.
- Dance Cardio- Dancing and moving to popular music is a great way to exercise. Classes are popping up around the nation with this fun option.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)– Short bursts or exercise at maximum heart rate. This will help you burn off those calories in a shorter amount of time.
- Strength Training– Science backs up strengthening your muscles will help with back pain and more.
- Live Stream Classes- Fitness studios are starting to do live stream classes that you can do in the comforts of your own home. Have you tried this yet? Cycling, yoga and toning are a few classes you will be able to find live stream.
- Group Training– Grab friends and family and start training together. This helps build accountability and often times helps you continue exercising for a longer time.
- Exercise Apps- There’s an app for that…right? There are plenty of apps to help document your running or eating habits. More and more apps will become available and they definitely won’t be going away.
- Yoga– It’s not for the old anymore. Tune your mind to your body and increase flexibility.
- Exercise & Weight Lose– You need to back up all your exercising with good nutrition. If you are missing one or the other, you won’t see your goals reached as easily.
Are you doing any of these trends already? If not, it’s a great time to give one of these a try.