It’s spring and if your social media fees is anything g like mine,you are likely seeing lots and lots of gardening posts. I love it! Gardening is a great way to get back to our roots! (See what I did there?) While we do have access to food in stores unlike our ancestors, they were really lucky in that gardening was a way of life so they ate delicious healthy produce all the time!
Do you have a garden at home? You should! There are many, many benefits to gardening, but we are going to talk about just a couple of them here. Ready?
Here are 5 reasons you should have a garden:
- Save money! When was the last time you walked through the grocery store? Have you noticed how expensive it is?! Growing your own food means saving money, my friends. I’m in. How about you?
- Lower stress. Gardening has been proven time and time again as a great stress buster! Getting out there and getting your hands dirty is a great way to leave the stress of the day behind you.
- It’s fun! Have you ever had a garden? Truth be told, it’s actually a lot of fun. The results that come from gardening are quite fulfilling.
- Helps keep you learning. Gardening is a way to keep learning over and over. Its refreshing!
- Food tastes better! You may think I am exaggerating, but I am definitely not. Food grown in your garden tastes so much better than store bought produce!
But what if you don’t have enough space? Honestly this isn’t really a good excuse. Even those who live in apartments can have a container garden or if nothing else you can grow herbs in your window sill.
I’m looking forward to hearing all about everyone’s gardening experience.