How do you keep yourself busy and productive throughout the day? Like everyone else, I have good days and bad days, but I work hard to make sure that the days that I spend at home are as productive as possible. So, how do I do that? Well first and foremost, lots of coffee! I kid, but seriously, sometimes it seems like I probably drink too much coffee throughout a day, but I have several steps that I follow to get more done. If you could use more tips on keeping your days productive, here are 5 tips for being more productive throughout the day:
- Get to bed earlier. Be sure to get a good night’s sleep, which often means you need to try and go to bed earlier in the evening. When you sleep well you will wake up feeling better and with more energy.
- Wake up earlier than everyone else. I wake up an hour earlier than anyone else in my family and it helps me to get a lot more done throughout the day. You can use that hour to sit and enjoy your coffee, to read your emails or do to housework. It’s your choice, but know that you can accomplish a lot in this sixty minute of quiet and alone time.
- Create a to-do list. Make a list of the things that you need to do throughout the day and follow it. Doing this keeps you on track with your duties.
- Exercise. Start your day with exercise. Research has shown that exercising to start the day can keep you feeling more energetic. In addition, studies have shown that exercise helps you to keep a more positive and optimistic outlook and moodset, which in itself can help you accomplish more throughout your day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast has been shown to give you more energy as well as strengthening your memory and concentration.