We are right smack in the middle of February, but honestly, we aren’t that far away from Summertime. Are you ready to finally take a good vacation this Summer instead of just sitting down watching everyone else go on vacations that you wish you were on? Don’t worry! You have plenty of time to start building up some cash now for a great Summer Vacation. Yes, it can be done.
Here are ways to build up money now for a summer vacation:
- Donate Plasma. In some cases, you can earn up to $60 per week donating plasma. Let’s say you want to go on vacation in July, that gives you enough time to earn over $1000 dollars to use on your vacation. I don’t know about you, but I could plan a great vacation with $1000.
- Sell your old books/DVDs. If you have been an adult for any amount of time, you probably have a shelf or a box full of DVDs somewhere that you never use anymore because you can just stream the same movies online. There are websites that will pay you $1-$2 per DVD. I literally have 300+ DVDs stored in an old Rubbermaid tote. Looks like I could use anywhere from $300-$600 from those! Same goes for books, but oftentimes you can get much, much more from them.
- Sell your clothes. I bet you have some clothes hanging in your closet or sitting in your dresser. Create a poshmark account and get to selling them! I bet you would be surprised at how much you can make. Alternatively, take them to a thrift shop such as Plato’s closet where they pay cash on the spot. You can also post them for sale on Craigslist or FB B/S/T groups.
- Drive! If you live in a metro area and you have a car that means the parameters, consider driving for Uber or Lyft. You can make a good income driving people around, even just working part time.
- Stop spending. Okay, you still need to pay your bills, of course, but consider putting a halt on your non-essential spending. You would be surprised by how much you can save simply by skipping the drive thru.