Are you a student? Or, do you have a child or family member that is a student? Well congratulations to all of the above, because being a student of higher education is something to take pride in and something that can take you further in life. It is, however, expensive to be a student sometimes. If you are looking for tips on saving money as a student for yourself or for someone else, here are 5 ways to save money as a student that you can implement now.
- Sign up for Amazon Prime Student. If you already pay for an Amazon Prime membership, you might consider switching it out to an Amazon Prime Student membership. You get 6 months free, you get it at half price AND you currently get $10 off of your first order!
- Rent your textbooks. Textbooks are a massive expense when you are in school. Check out your school library, or textbook rental sites to try and rent your books instead of paying hundreds of dollars for them.
- Apply for grants/scholarships. You will be quite surprised by how many grants and/or scholarships are out there and available for all ages/races/classes of people. This is FREE money, my friends!
- Walk. This is especially true if you live on campus or in a metropolitan area. Cars are expensive. Between gas, insurance, and upkeep, you can easily be into hundreds of dollars each month and this isn’t even including a car payment.
- Shop at places that offer student discounts. There are a large number of retailers that offer discounts to students, so be sure to look for these places before you do your shopping. Every little discount helps.
Are you a student? What ways have you found to save money?