Do you have kids? Do you find yourself spending a lot of money buying lots of clothes for them? Yes, you want your kids to be well clothed, and yes you want them to get what they want, but does that mean that you need to spend a lot of money? The answer to that is no. You do not need to overextend yourself just to dress your kids because there are some awesome (and sometimes creative) ways to save money on kids clothes.
These tips that I am about to tell you can actually be used for both kids and parents, so make sure that you implement them when shopping for yourself to help save money.
Here are six ways to save money on kids clothes:
- Shop Amazon of course. I know I mention it often, but Amazon is a great place to shop. I recently bought my daughter a Columbia Fleece Jacket for $10 at Amazon!! The same jacket was $26 at the OUTLET Store (not even the regular store!). Amazon offers low prices, plus extra discounts on occasion as well as sales and promos.
- Thrift Shops. No need to be squeamish about it, thrift shops are a great place to shop for clothes for kids. Kids grow so quickly that it is sometimes pointless to spend big money on clothes that they are just going to wear or 6 months. Consider buying the clothes that another kid has already worn and grown out of.
- Hand Me Downs. Do you have more than one child? Definitely use the opportunity to use hand me downs for their clothing. You know how the clothes have been worn and stored. Plus, how cute is it when your kids wear the same things?!
- Spend More. I know, I know, it makes no sense to spend more money when we are talking about spending less, but it really does. I always try to avoid buying my children’s clothes at discount stores such as Walmart and Kmart because they just never last. The clothes that you buy there are just not made with the same quality as higher end brands.
- Swap with Friends. If you have friends with kids that are a different age than yours, consider swapping with them so that you can both save money!
- Facebook for Sale Groups. Are you a member of any for sale groups on Facebook? Definitely scroll through those to find deals on clothes. I am a member of several of those and I often see complete lots of kids clothes for $30-$50. That is a huge savings over buying brand new individual pieces.
What is your favorite way to save money on kids clothes?