Let’s face it. It is hard to eat healthy in December. Heck, it’s hard to eat healthy in the last three months of the year. Between Halloween candy, Thanksgiving deliciousness and then the non-stop display of Christmas cookies, candies, cakes and pies.
But all hope is not lost thankfully! There are some tips that you can follow to keep off the pounds during this treat filled month! Here are 7 tips for keeping the weight off during December:
- Drink lots of water. Seriously. This is a great tip for year round, but when there is so much temptation around you, don’t forget to stay hydrated and not let your belly get empty.
- Just say no. Okay, this one is easier said than done, but saying not to all of the temptation is a good way to prevent weight gain from it.
- Moderation. Everything is good in moderation, right? Sure have a holiday cookie…but keep it there. Just one cookie! You can do it!
- Skip the drinks. Skip all of the sugar and calorie-filled holiday drinks. They are a major culprit behind all of those sneaky calories!
- Be conscious of what you are eating. Yes, you may see a tray filled with holiday desserts, but pay attention to which ones you actually eat. A cookie for example, is going to have fewer calories than a piece of cheesecake, etc.
- Set a goal. Set a goal for the end of the year and keep your eye on that goal. Stay focused on that goal and you will be less likely you sabotage it with high calorie foods.
Eat healthier the rest of the days. If you are going to be at holiday parties several times throughout the month, make sure to focus on creating a healthy lifestyle throughout the rest of the month to help you make up for those splurges.