How is your spring starting out, budget-wise? If you are in need of a buildup of cash for yourself and your family, now is the time to buckle down and get serious about saving! It’s time for a no-spend month my friends! If you have no idea where to begin, here are 8 tips for a no-spend month that will get your budget in order.
- No restaurants. This is a very real rule. Throughout the entire month, do not stop at any restaurants at all. Did you know that the average family spends over $3600 per year just eating at restaurants? That is an extra $300 per month that you can put into savings.
- No coffee shops. It’s just so easy to swing through the coffee shop. Skip this month and make coffee at home. You will be amazed by how much you can save.
- Shop your pantry. Before you head to the grocery store, check through your pantry and freezer and cook with what you have on hand.
- Just say no. Learn how to be comfortable with saying no to dinners and other activities that cost you money. It’s only a month, you can have plenty of fun at home.
- Go through your closets. Not only will it do you good to not spend any money, but you may find that you have the motivation to bring money in! Find extras in your closet and throughout your home that you no longer use. You can declutter and earn cash at the same time.
- Meal prep. Spend one day each week meal prepping. This will keep you from feeling tempted to rush out to a restaurant or grab convenience food at the grocery store.
- Plan family time / game nights. If you feel like the lack of spending money is going to mean you are bored, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Plan fun family time, such as game nights to keep the family being active and having fun without spending money.