Can you believe we’re almost done with January? That means Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Have you decided what you and your loved one are going to do to celebrate? At the beginning of this year we became debt free and with that we’ve become more conscious of what we’re spending money on. Together we’ve agreed that we won’t spend money to celebrate Valentine’s day but that doesn’t mean we can’t make it special. Here are some ways to celebrate without spending extra money!
- Spend the day together – do you work this Valentine’s Day? If you have enough vacation time saved up why not take the day off and spend it together!
- Make breakfast in bed – create your significant other’s favorite breakfast and serve it to them in bed this Valentine’s day. You can even serve it on a cute tray with a single flower if you want.
- Plan fun FREE activities to do together – there’s so much to do that’s just outside the front door. Create some fun free memories together like going snowshoeing (you could borrow someones gear), head out sledding, hiking, a library date, watch the sunset or rise together and so much more.
- Plan a romantic dinner at home – pull out your nice dinnerware and cook up a favorite dinner. Make it special and cook it together or have it ready for when they get home from work. Anything to show you were thinking of them and going the extra mile.
- Write a letter – this is a simple way to show someone you care. You could leave it on the table for them to find when they wake up. Put it in their wallet or in the car to see on their way out the door. It doesn’t have to be lengthy, just heartfelt. Or, take it one step more and write little love notes on post it’s and place them around the house.
- Invite friends over for a potluck dinner – don’t want to be alone? Why not invite others over to enjoy the evening together. Make it a potluck so everyone is bringing something fun to eat.
- Treat yourself to an at home spa – you can treat yourself to a fun at home spa session or create a spa atmosphere for your loved one. Draw a bath and add a bath bomb, play some soft music, light some candles and grab your favorite drink!