Today Meredith asked what are my five favorite resources for meal planning. First I want to start by confessing that I have not been good about doing this lately, with the new baby and all. but I need to retake this habit as it is what helped us save the most on our grocery budget.
My top resources are:
- My cookbook. I have a thick binder with recipes I have compiled through the years. Each recipe is inside a clear sheet protector to prevent ruining the pages in the inevitable spill.
- Magazine Subscriptions: We subscribe to Food and Wine and Saveur magazine and every month they give me ideas of recipes to try.
- Eating out: Actually cutting back on eating out, wanting to recreate some of these recipes at home gives me inspiration.
- My husband, I may not get tired of eating the same thing day in or out but he does, so his input is much appreciated.
- TV shows, although not too much lately.