With Black Friday around the corner and Cyber Monday quickly following, it’s easily the most busy shopping time of the year. The past few years, stores have made it so much easier for us who prefer to stay home and and avoid the crowds. We still get the same Black Friday prices just by shopping online. There are a few tips that you want to make sure you are doing to get the most out of your online shopping experience. Because if your’e not careful, you could be overspending. Hopefully the follow tips will help you out:
- Make a List: It’s hard to know what you are looking for when you don’t even know what you’re looking for! If you haven’t already, ask your kids to make their Christmas list. Also, make a list for your family and neighbors. Having specifics will help out when shopping online.
- Know the Price: If you don’t know the price, how do you know if it’s a good deal? When you make your list, take note of how much that item is. You can even write it down. If you’re like me you think you will remember and then when it’s time…it suddenly is not in your brain. Take note of the price and write it down.
- Compare Stores: When you know what you want, it’s important to compare prices with a few different stores. I would recommend comparing Walmart, Amazon, Target, and Best Buy. These stores usually have really hot deals that you will want to make sure you are getting the best deal. You can also compare Macy’s and Kohl’s – if they are more clothing, shoes or home items. Yes, this does take some time, but it will pay off in the end.
- Use Coupons/Codes: A great way to see if there are coupon codes available at each store is to check their home page. Stores like Kohl’s and Macy’s will have coupon codes all of the time. So be sure to maximize your savings by using those codes. Also, be sure to stack codes if permitted. Amazon has a special link here with coupons that are available.
- Use Free Shipping: I think we can all agree that paying for shipping is definitely not the way to go. That’s why I am always looking at stores when they are offering free shipping. With it being the most busy shopping season of the year, you will definitely find stores offer free shipping more often. Stores like Target and Best Buy have already started their free shipping on almost every single item. If your store is not giving out free shipping, consider looking at your list and all of the deals. You may be able to buy more on your list and get to that free shipping amount.