Can you believe that Christmas is only 3 months away? I absolutely love this time of year. With all of the holidays and changing seasons, it’s so much fun. However, it’s busy…like super busy! If you’re like me, your running to sporting events, school programs, holiday parties, and family gatherings. Then when you have time, you can squeeze in that Christmas shopping. Walmart’s Layaway program is perfect to start your shopping now and not have to worry about it last minute on December 24th. However, you’ll want to be aware of all of the rules and regulations so you can benefit from this program. Here are a few things you should know:
- There is no opening fee.
- Down Payment of $10 or 10%, whichever is greater.
- Individual items must be $10 or greater.
- Total purchase must be $50 or greater.
- If layaway account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and any other payments made will be refunded, except a $10 cancellation fee.
- Final payments and pickup must be made on or before December 12, 2016 at the same store layaway was initiated.
- Layaway is not available on Thanksgiving Day
- In-store purchases only on these categories: Electronics, Toys, Infant Toys, Infant Furniture, Small Appliances, Large Furniture, Auto Electronics, select Sporting Goods and Jewelry.
If you are tight on money and you want to pay for your purchases over a period of time, this is a great option for you. You’ll just want to see if it’s the right fit for your shopping habits. If you tend to shop a bunch on Thanksgiving Day, this may not work. If you do most of your shopping before or after, then it would work great. Also, take note of the in-store only purchases. Those are a lot of popular departments, so make sure you are okay shopping in-stores instead of online for those items.