YUM! I love peach season. Recently we got a lot of peaches from my friends’ home. They are SO good, but I need to do something with them before they go bad. Cobbler recipes are so yummy and perfect for a September evening. Check out this recipe.
Southern Peach Pie Recipe
By: Razzle Dazzle Life
- 2 bags Frozen peaches, 20 ounces each
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Almond extract, (optional but recommended)
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- ½ stick Butter, unsalted room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon, reserve ½ for garnishment
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted cold
- ¼ cup Boiling hot water (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Granulated sugar, to dust top of cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. In the same dish, add peaches, sugars, vanilla and almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, corn starch, cream of tartar, butter, water, and lemon juice. Mix it until combined.
- Cover the dish with foil and cook mixture in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While peaches are cooking, combine flour, both sugars, baking powder, salt, and ½ tablespoon of the cinnamon.
- Work the cold stick of butter into the flour mixture by breaking it up with a pastry cutter or with hands. Work it in until it looks like coarse meal or crumbles.
- Add the hot water and stir together with a spoon until it’s just combined. Cobbler should have a drop biscuit-like texture.
- Remove peaches from the oven and spoon dough mixture over the peaches. Make each dough droplet about the size of a golf ball leaving a tiny bit of space between each one (see photo and notes below) to ensure they cook through.
- Peaches will not be fully covered. Combine sugar and and remaining ½ tablespoon cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over dough.
- Place the dish back in the oven uncovered and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.