It is Earth Month and while I think that our effors to be more gentle to the planet we live on should be year-round, there are lots of promotions to help you do that during this month of April. The most important thing to remember is that by being “greener” you are also keeping more green in your pocket in the long run. So here are some deals to encourage you to do some small changes:
- Save money on your energy bill and consume less energy by getting free GE energy bulbs at Target. Some of you mentioned not being able to find the bulbs priced at $2.99. But even 50% off is a really good discount for a change that will save you money in the long run.
- Don’t act puzzled when asked if plastic or paper at checkout. Answer: “Neither, I brought my own!”. Most grocery stores are offering a small credit when you bring your own reusable grocery bags. Get your collection of grocery bags going by picking one up free reusable bag with purchase at Target this coming 4/18 or by signing up for a free one of the Earthbound website.
- Don’t worry about harmful chemicals from your cleaning supplies by switching to gentler cleaners such as Vinegar or Seventh Generation products for very cheap.
- Light up your beautiful garden with cheap solar lights at Target.
- Finally, cut back on bottled water by using a BPA free or Stainless steel water bottles. Amazon has quite a few of them on sale for brands such as Nalgene and Kleen Kanteen.
I will share with you that going green is an ongoing effort for our family. It’s baby steps for us, but every step we take is a step forward not backwards and I think that’s good for all of us. What’s your family doing to be more earth friendly?