Over the past couple days I’ve been bringing you some excellent tips on how you can get the most out of baking soda. I’ve been doing this, because part of being a frugal mom is that you have to know all the multiple uses for everything in your home. That way, you save the most amount of money possible. For instance, in the last addition to this series of articles, I told you that you can substitute baking soda for toothpaste. Want to know what else baking soda can do? Check out the previous articles in the series, because I went over the following topics:
Uses for Baking Soda – Part 1
- Using Baking Soda to Get Rid of Smelly Trash
- Using Baking Soda to Clean Your Couch
- Using Baking Soda to Clean Your Produce
- How to Get Rid of Clogged Drains with Baking Soda
- Clean a Stinky Garbage Disposal With Baking Soda
- How to Get a Clean Sink With Baking Soda
Uses for Baking Soda – Part 2
- Clean Your Washing Machine With Baking Soda
- Clean Your Coffee Pot With Baking Soda
- Clean Your Grill With Baking Soda
- Clean a Burned Pan With Baking Soda
- Clean Chrome With Baking Soda
Uses for Baking Soda – Part 3
- Clean Silver Jewelry With Baking Soda
- Make Flowers Last Long With Baking Soda
- Make Your Shoes Smell Better With Baking Soda
- Use Baking Soda as Toothpaste
As you can see, there are tons of uses for baking soda. Below, you’ll find even more uses for baking soda.
Cure a Sore Throat With Baking Soda
There’s simply nothing worse than having a sore throat, but you can use baking soda to help make it go away. Simply add some baking soda to a cup of warm water and squeeze some fresh lemon juice into the water. Gargle the water for a few seconds on the back of your throat and then spit it out.
Use Baking Soda as Mouth Wash
Are you tired of paying for mouth wash? If so, you can use baking soda, instead! Simple add a teaspoon of baking soda to some water and then rinse it around your mouth like you would with normal mouthwash. Baking soda will get rid of bad breath and it will also help fight bacteria.
Clean Brushes and/or Combs With Baking Soda
Over time, your brushes and combs accumulate a lot of oil from your head/hair. Get a bowl, mix some water and baking soda together and then soak the brushes/combs in the mixture. Before you know it, your brushes and combs will be like new again.
Add Baking Soda to Your Bath Water
Add a lot of baking soda and Epsom salts to your bath water. The Epsom salts will help remove toxins from your body and the baking soda will prevent the toxins from finding their way back in. Also, baking soda will make your skin feel amazingly smooth and soft after you’re done.
Make sure you keep an eye out tomorrow for the next installment in this series of blog posts. I’m going to hook you up with even more uses for baking soda, so stay tuned.