This weekend we decided to go away for the holiday. Since we were traveling I ended up having to buy baby food for my 9 month old. Every time he finished his meal I saved the container it came in because I knew I could find another use for them.
Here’s my list of uses for baby food containers:
- Around the kitchen: they make the perfect Jello or pudding mold and are good for holding spices.
- They are perfect lunchbox add on: They are the perfect size for holding salsa, salad dressing, ketchup, barbecue sauce, hummus, raisins, peanut butter, jelly, yogurt, nuts, etc.
- They make a great container to take snacks on the go with you: gold fish, crackers, M&M’s, small fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, etc. Not a snack but they hold formula and baby cereal too.
- Around the Home and Office: Use them to hold buttons, sewing notions, beads or other small craft items, paper clips and rubber bands.
- Around the Workshop: They are good for holding nuts, bolts and drill bits.
You don’t have to pay extra for those “on-the-go packs.” All you need to do is re-purpose any small container you may already have and let imagination be your friend.