IMPORTANT UPDATE: It seems that even though the Olay Quench lotions are advertised as part of this deal they have not been programmed to be included in it. I am hearing conflicting reports that when included in the order sometimes they trigger the free Tide coupon and sometimes they don’t.
There’s a register promotion going on at Walgreens this week: Spend $30 in selected Procter & Gamble products and get a coupon at checkout for a free 50oz bottle of Tide detergent (up to $8.99 in value). I didn’t mention this deal on my weekly coupon match ups because I couldn’t figure out a good deal but with the new Olay Regenerist rebate I have come up with one. These are the steps you need to follow to get this deal:
- Add to your cart: two Olay Quench Lotions (on sale $7.99 each), ad two Olay Regenerist Scrub Cleansers (on sale $5.83), and one Crest toothpaste $2.50.
- Head to checkout and before the cashier starts ringing up your receipts let him/her know that you need a Rebate Receipt (Instructions on how to get Rebate Receipt below). You need to get a rebate receipt for the Olay Regenerist Cleansers so you can submit for this rebate with the rebate receipt and for the Olay Quench Rebate with the regular receipt.
- Do the following transaction and use the following coupons
$15.98 when you buy two Olay Quench Lotions
$11.6 when you buy two Olay Regenerist Scrub Cleansers (you need rebate receipt for these two)
$2.50 when you buy one Crest Toothpaste
=$30.08 plus tax
-$2 when you use two $1/1 Olay Lotion coupons from 12/27 P&G insert (or $3/1 from Marie Claire and Self magazines)
-$6 when you use two $3/1 Olay Regenerist coupons from 11/29 P&G insert
-$0.75 when you use Crest toothpaste coupon from 11/29 P&G insert
Pay 21.33 plus tax out of pocket and get coupon for free Tide at checkout
How to get Rebate Receipt
– Tell the cashier in advance that you need the rebate receipt BEFORE he/she starts
– Cashier will need to press “Special receipt” button on the LEFT key pad; it’s the middle key on the bottom row. Not every register has this button so ask for the register that has this.
– Cashier will scan the items that need Rebate Receipt.
– Cashier needs to select option “3” when prompted. This is for rebate receipt.
– When transaction completed, 2 receipts will print.
I know not everyone may feel up for this scenario. But if you were wondering how to make both rebates work to your advantage with this offer then this is the way. If there are any of you who have already had experience asking for a rebate receipt at Walgrees, please share your experience in the comments section. If you decide to give this a try please share in the comments section how you did.