Last week I talked about walking more to reduce our transportations costs. I thought that it would be helpful to review a few tips on how to walk safely. Here are some I found:
- Find a partner: besides the company, it provides encouragement and makes for a safer experience.
- If you must walk alone make sure you walk by populated areas.
- If you walk often make sure you change your route often too.
- Walk facing the traffic that way you can see what’s coming to you.
- Don’t always assume the driver knows the pedestrian has the right of way so beware.
- Watch were you are walking. You don’t want to trip and hurt yourself.
- Consider carrying pepper spray, a walking stick and cell phone and always carry ID.
- Leave your jewelry at home. You don’t want to attract unwanted attention.
I hope this helps you have a safer walking experience.