We’ve been pretty fortune to have great weather thus far. But it’s starting to warm up which means your electricity bill will increase. There are some ways you can save money on your electricity this summer and they’re simple!
- Replace your air filters
- Make sure your vents are open
- Don’t turn off your AC, just adjust the temperature
- Consider investing in a programmable thermostat and learn to use it
- Use appliances in off-peak hours if you can (8pm or later)
- Only run full loads in your dishwasher and washer/dryer
- Use cold water to wash your clothing in
- Use a clothes line to dry your clothing
- Skip the heat cycle on your dishwasher
- Keep your curtains closed
- Put up blackout curtains
- Consider installing window AC units in bedrooms
- Unplug devices you’re not using
- Take colder showers
These are all small and simple changes but if you change your energy-consuming habits now, you could save tons on your electricity bill tomorrow.