Making school lunches can sometimes become a hassle over time. We run out of lunch ideas or the kids get tired of eating the same thing every day for lunch. To help you out for the first few weeks of school, check out this week’s series: Lunchbox Inspiration: Five Ingredients Five Ways.
Today let’s talk about peanut butter! I found 5 + other ingredients you can use to combine with peanut butter. How about adding cream cheese, honey, raspberries, chocolate, cranberry chutney, or jelly to make your kid’s peanut butter lunch?
Here are 5 ways to incorporate peanut butter with other ingredients for your child’s lunch:
- Applewich- Try cutting out the core of an apple and using the rest of the apple as bread! Smooth some peanut butter inbetween the apple slices and you have an applewich!
- Peanut Butter Sandwich with Raspberries- Does your child love raspberries? This recipe looks great with the addition of this fruit. Use whole wheat bread to make it even more nutritious. Photo above is of this recipe.
- Peanut Butter Quesadilla- Yummy peanut butter and jelly is spread on a quesadilla.
- Peanut Butter Rollups- How about making a rollup with peanut butter, cream cheese, and cranberry chutney? This sounds delicious and is more fun that just putting 2 slices of bread together.
- How about a bento peanut butter lunch? Make it a little sweet with chocolate and peanut butter spead. Add ham rollups and you have a filling lunch!
How else do you spin off the regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich?