Yesterday we talked a bit about some things that you should always buy new and as I was going on and on it occurred to me that there are so many more things that I needed to add to the list, so that is exactly what we are going to do today.
Here are 8 more things that you should always buy new:
- Infant / Toddler Car Seats. Car seats have an expiration date, did you know that? In addition, you never want to use a car seat that has been involved in an accident. The only way to make sure that you have the best quality car seat is to buy brand new. No to worry though, you can often find great deals on them, just shop sales and clearance.
- Helmets. Whether bike helmets or motorcycle helmets, these are always best bough new in case they had previously been involved in an accident, which lessens their protective abilities.
- Hot tubs. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Seriously. Hot tubs are a great breeding ground for germs and you just can’t determine how well maintained a hot tub was by its previous owners.
- Stuffed animals. You can buy very inexpensive stuffed animals brand new. Used stuffed animals can come accessorized with bugs or bacteria that you can avoid with a new purchase.
- Baby cribs and other baby furniture. There have been quite a few recalls on baby cribs and other baby furniture. It is best to just avoid any purchase of used furniture to avoid inadvertently buying a recalled item.
- Car tires. Shop around for a deal on new tired. It can be done. There is a chance that any used tires you buy may have been in an accident previously, which could render them unstable.
- Bedding. For the same reasons that you don’t want to buy a used mattress, you should avoid buying used bedding.
Vacuum Cleaners. Thing about the use that your vacuum has received over its lifetime. Would you want to buy that? I didn’t think so. Vacuums are best when bought new.