Freezer cooking has become quite popular over the years, and for good reason. As you probably already know, it has a couple of awesome benefits…
- It saves time. With freezer cooking, you don’t have to spend your evenings in the kitchen cooking. Just grab a meal out of the freezer, heat it up, and you’re good to go!
- It saves money. Preparing freezer meals allows you to save money by purchasing ingredients in bulk and purchasing fewer prepackaged foods. By having meals ready to go in the freezer, you’re also less likely to waste money on takeout.
Those of course are the most obvious benefits of freezer cooking. There are so many others, though, that you may not be aware of.
- It’s healthier than takeout. Freezer cooking allows you control which ingredients go into your meals, so you can be sure that your family is eating healthy. It make be quick and easy, but you can’t say the same for takeout.
- It means a cleaner kitchen. Obviously you’re going to have quite a mess on the day you do all of your freezer cooking! On busy weeknights, though, freezer cooking means that you’ll ultimately have less dirty dishes. And that means less time cleaning and more time with the family.
- It helps with portion control. When I’m not using freezer meals, I always seem to make way too much food. With freezer cooking, though, I can prepackage single portions and cut down on overeating and waste.
- It’s a great opportunity for bonding. Freezer cooking is a family affair at my house most times. Everyone pitches in with the prepping, cooking, packaging, and labeling. It’s a lot of work, but we all have a blast doing it!
Do you do a lot of freezer cooking? What are your favorite benefits of freezer cooking?