Yay! Halloween is over, let the real fun begin: Clearance Shopping! Halloween Clearance is not only limited to costumes and candy. Basically any item that has Halloween theme on it should go on clearance. Here are some things to be on the lookout for if you shop at a store like Target that carries a wide variety of Holiday Themed products:
* Paper Napkins
* Food storage like Ziploc bags or containers
* Paper Plates
* Orange and black plastic totes
* Clothes: check across the store for slippers, underwear, etc.
* Storage bags and containers
* Halloween Themed
Some more tips for shopping:
- Always price check (spot the closest price scanner to you). Don’t trust the price tag on the item. You may be surprised by a lower price.
- Don’t limit your search to the clearance section. Some times it takes time to get everything moved to that special section so you may miss out from some bargain.
- If you live in a very populated area, chances are that a lot of items won’t hit deep discounts. Because there’s more demand chances are people will buy items at lower discount rates of say 30-50% instead of waiting for 75-90% off. Keep this in mind if you really have an eye on something.
- Don’t be upset if you don’t find the same clearance items or discounts others are finding. Some stores are slower in marking down their stock and others may not mark them down at all but box up the items and send them back to the main warehouse.
I hope to find some really cheap costumes for my kids later this week. The ones I picked up for them last year have been a great source of entertainment all year long. Plus I didn’t have to buy any costumes this year as they wore what I bought for them at 75% off.
Share your clearance hunting tips or finds with us. Happy hunting!