Here’s something fun you guys can do to add a little more to your home learning! USA Today and the Smithsonian Institution have come together to create a FREE Summer Road Trip at Home Activity Guide! This is great for students ages 6-12 but really the whole family could join in and do it together! It features:
- Learn about a biplane from the National Air & Space Museum, then make your own from a paper towel roll and other household items.
- Cook Louisiana-inspired red beans and rice from the National Museum of American History’s recipe collection.
- Read about migratory birds from the National Museum of Natural History – and build your own binoculars.
- Unscramble letters to learn about marshland creatures.
- Document the journey with a postcard to a friend and design the stamp.